Facebook Ad breaks help video creators and publishers earn money by including short ads in their video content and in this way video creators and publishers can make money from Facebook Ad breaks. You can use ad breaks only on the video which is minimum 3 minutes for better results. If you use automatic ad placement that’s great because it generates a better user experience.
You can also turn off Facebook ads for individual videos if you want not to place an ad on a specific video, you can select advertiser, category ads that you don’t want to show in your content.
Table of Contents
- 1 Important Conditions of Joining Facebook Ad Break
- 2 What’s the Ad Revenue share of Facebook Ad breaks?
- 3 Check your Page eligibility
- 4 About video content eligible for monetization
- 5 Before you begin, you must
- 6 Set up a payment account for Facebook Ad breaks
- 7 How to Use Facebook Ad breaks
- 8 Final Words
Important Conditions of Joining Facebook Ad Break
- The condition which is first of all is that the length of the video must be at least 3 minutes or more.
- The second condition is that at least 30 thousand people have seen that video within 2 months. And there is also a rule in view that at least one user can see a minute or more time.
- The third condition that at the least the Facebook Page to participate in Facebook Watch 10 thousand more active followers should be.
- The fourth condition is that the creators’ office should be in the place where the Facebook Ad break facility is available.
- In addition, creators should be actively present in Facebook for at least 90 days.
Facebook Ad breaks will also get the same content as Youtube monetized via ad breaks. Its content-producing partners will get 55% of ad breaks, while Facebook will retain 45% of the remaining revenue.
Check your Page eligibility
To know whether you can use ad breaks in your videos, check your Page’s eligibility.
About video content eligible for monetization
Every day, people come to Facebook to connect with stories from creators and publishers they love. Fostering an ecosystem where creators and publishers can connect with their fans and sustain their livelihoods or businesses is a critical part of creating these connections and experiences for our community. To help creators and publishers monetise their content on Facebook, we offer features such as branded content and Instant Articles, and are testing ad breaks.
In order to monetize your videos on Facebook, you need to meet Facebook Monetization Eligibility Standards. By including ads in your videos, you agree that you have the right to use all of the content in each video.
The Monetization Eligibility Standards entail meeting the following criteria:
Comply with Facebook Community Standards
Comply with Facebook Payment Terms
Comply with Facebook Page Terms
Adhere to the Content guidelines for monetisation
Share authentic content
Develop an established presence on Facebook
Before you begin, you must
Publish from a Page (not a profile) with at least 10,000 followers.
Have generated at least 30,000 1-minute views on videos that are at least 3 minutes long in the last 60 days.
Be at least 18 years old.
Check eligibility in Creator Studio:
- Log in to your Creator Studio.
- In the Monetisation box, click Check Eligibility.
- Review your status under Monetisation Eligibility Standards.
Check eligibility from Page Insights:
- Go the Page you want to check.
- Click the Insights tab at the top of the Page.
- Click Videos in the left hand menu.
- Under Ad breaks access, click View.
Here’s what to expect during the open programme flow:
If you manage more than one Page, you must select which Pages you would like to enable ad breaks for. Some of your Pages may be eligible and others may not.
You must read and agree to Facebook’s terms and conditions.
You will set up a payment account.
You can choose to place ad breaks in all existing, eligible videos from your Page.
Set up a payment account for Facebook Ad breaks
To receive your earnings from ad breaks, you must set up a payment account. You will set up your payment account once your Page has been approved for ad breaks.
To complete the process, you must have the following information prepared:
- The legal name, address, phone number and contact email associated with the Page admin responsible for payouts.
- Select your country of residency and business type. You will be prompted to enter your taxpayer information based on your selected country of residence and business type:
If you have selected US as your country of residence, you will be prompted to enter your SSN if you have selected Individual or EIN if you have selected a Non-individual business type.
If you have selected a non-US country of residence, you will be prompted to enter your applicable foreign Tax ID.
- A bank account or a PayPal account: to link a bank account, you will need to verify the bank’s country, routing number, the account number and the account holder’s name To link a Paypal account, you’ll need the account’s country, associated email address and account holder’s first and last name.
- IRS tax form
United States: By law, Facebook is required to collect tax information if you are a US individual or entity receiving payments from Facebook, Inc. You will be prompted to complete and upload your Form W-9, which can be downloaded from the IRS website.
Canada and Brazil: By law, Facebook is required to collect tax information if you are either a Canadian or Brazilian individual or entity receiving payments from Facebook, Inc. You will be prompted to complete and upload your applicable Form W-8, which can be downloaded from the IRS website.
How to Use Facebook Ad breaks
You can manage ad breaks in Creator Studio. You can use ad breaks in specific videos, or you can enable them for all videos on your Page.
Before you get started
In order for your videos to be eligible for ad breaks, they must be at least 3 minutes long. We recommend programming your content to have a natural break point at the 1-minute mark.
Use Facebook Ad breaks
In Creator Studio, upload a new video by selecting Video from the Home tab.
After you have uploaded your new video, you can insert ad breaks by selecting Ad breaks in the video composer.
When inserting ad breaks, you have two options:
- Automatic placements:
Our automatic placement feature is on by default, meaning that ad breaks will be added to your videos automatically. The automatic placements feature can find the best natural cue point for an ad break in your content while trying to maximise your earnings.
Our automatic placement feature works best if your video has been structured to accommodate an ad break.
- Choose placements:
You can add cue points in your videos to signify where you’d like ad breaks to be placed.
You can start placing cues after the 60-second mark of your video.
You must leave at least 120 seconds between each cue point.
We may not be able to fill every cue point you suggest.
Viewers will see ads at different points in your video depending on the last time they saw one.
Once you’ve finished placing your ad breaks, select Publish.
Use Facebook Ad breaks in an existing video
To access your existing videos in Creator Studio:
- Select Monetisation in the left navigation.
- Select Ad breaks in the drop-down menu and then choose a video from the list.
- Select Edit video.
- From the video composer, select Ad breaks from the right-hand menu. From there, add your ad breaks using the steps listed above.
We hope you will take benefit from this Facebook opportunity. If you have Facebook page with 10K+ likes and followers, you are eligible and start to upload videos on your Facebook page.