WordPress is well-known for its ease of installation. Under most circumstances, WordPress Installation is a very simple process and takes less than five minutes to complete. Many web hosts now offer tools to automatically WordPress Installation for you. However, if you wish to install WordPress yourself, the following guide will help. In this tutorial, you will learn how to install WordPress. Follow this step-by-step tutorial you will find detailed instructions on how to install WordPress on your hosting account.
System Requirements for WordPress
- Database − MySQL 5.0 +
- Web Server
- WAMP (Windows)
- LAMP (Linux)
- XAMP (Multi-platform)
- MAMP (Macintosh)
- Operating System − Cross-platform
- Browser Support − IE (Internet Explorer 8+), Firefox, Google chrome, Safari, Opera
- PHP Compatibility − PHP 5.2+
Goto this link https://wordpress.org/download/
Create Store Database
- WordPress requires MySQL database. So create a new empty database with user/password (for example, user as “root” and password as “root” or else you can set as per your convenience).
- Then, you can continue with the installation process as discussed further.
Set Up Wizard
It’s very easy to set up WordPress into your system. The following steps describe how to set up WordPress locally on your system.
Step 1– Extract the downloaded WordPress folder and upload it into your web server or localhost.
Step 2 – Open your browser and navigate to your WordPress file path, then you will get the first screen of the WordPress installer as shown in the following screen. In our case, the path is localhost/< Your_wordpress_folder >.
Step 3 – Select your language for the WordPress and click on Continue.
Step 4 – In this step, you can view the information needed for the database before proceeding with WordPress installation.
Click on Let’s go!
Step 5 – Here, you have to enter the information about the MySQL database as described in the following screen.
- Database Name − Enter the database name which you have created in MySQL database for WordPress.
- Username − Enter the user name of your MySQL database.
- Password − Enter the password which you had set for MySQL database.
- Database Host − Write the host name, by default it will be localhost.
- Table Prefix − It is used to add prefix in the database tables which helps to run multiple sites on the same database. It takes the default value.
After filling all information, click on Submit button.
Step 6 – WordPress checks the database setting and gives you the confirmation screen as shown in the following snapshot.
Click on Run the install.
Step 7 – Enter administrative information.
Step 8 – It contains the following fields
- Site Title − Enter the name of the site which you are going to create in WordPress.
- Username − Enter the username as per your choice while logging in the WordPress.
- Password twice − Enter password two times to protect your site.
- Your E-mail − Enter your e-mail address which helps to recover the password or any update.
- Privacy − It allows the search engine to index this site after checking the checkbox.
After filling all the information, click on the Install WordPress button.
Step 9 – After installation being successful, you will get a screen of the stating success as seen in the following screen.
You can view your username and password detail added in WordPress. Click on Log In button.
Step 10 – After clicking on login, you will get a WordPress Admin Panel as depicted in the following screen.
Step 11 – Enter the username and password which you had mentioned during installation as shown in step 6 and click on the Log In button.
Step 12 – Input the username and password you created in the previous step. After successfully logging in, you should see this in your dashboard.
Hurrah! You have install your WordPress Theme Successfully. If you have any difficulty or want to know any information regarding WordPress Installation, feel free to asking in comments.