Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
It can be especially useful for cases where:
- You need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- You need to work on a system that doesn’t have an OS installed
- You need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- You want to run a low-level utility
- Despite its small size, Rufus provides everything you need!
Oh, and Rufus is fast. For instance it’s about twice as fast as UNetbootin, Universal USB Installer or Windows 7 USB download tool, on the creation of a Windows 7 USB installation drive from an ISO. It is also marginally faster on the creation of Linux bootable USB from ISOs.
Azərbaycanca , Bahasa Indonesia , Bahasa Malaysia , Български , Čeština , Dansk , Deutsch , Ελληνικά , English , Español , Français , Hrvatski , Italiano , Latviešu , Lietuvių , Magyar , Nederlands , Norsk , Polski , Português , Português do Brasil , Русский , Română , Slovensky , Slovenščina , Srpski , Suomi , Svenska , Tiếng Việt , Türkçe , Українська , 简体中文 , 正體中文 , 日本語 , 한국어 , ไทย , עברית , العربية , فارسی .
- Windows 7 or later, 32 or 64 bit doesn’t matter. Once downloaded, the application is ready to use.
I will take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the translators who made it possible for Rufus, as well as this webpage, to be translated in various languages. If you find that you can use Rufus in your own language, you should really thank them!