How to Check USCIS Case Status on USCIA.GOV
Everything you need to know about the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, as we have created this article to guide you. Also, we have make sure to provide you updated and complete information. Therefore, we recommend you to bookmark this page to get updated information about USCIS Case Status. USCIS or United States Citizenship and Immigration Services is a constituent of the United States Department of Homeland Security that takes care of administrative functions such as processing of immigrant visa petitions, asylum petitions, refugee petitions and naturalization petitions. USCIS works towards removing operational bottlenecks in immigration cases and provide excellent support to individuals seeking a US visa or citizenship.
Check USCIS Case Status Online
Checking your USCIS Case Status is really simple. You can now check the status of your case online if you have the application receipt number (ARN). ARN is a 13-digit number found on the application notices and you can visit USCIS’ official website www.uscis.gov to check your case status. To check the case status, you can follow the following process:
- Login to the official website – https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
- Click on ‘Check Status’
- The receipt number is a unique 13-character identifier that USCIS provides for each application or petition it receives. The agency uses it to identify and track its cases.
You can also register your email ID to receive real-time notifications in case of a change in the status of your application. You can even check the status of your case by calling at USCIS customer service number i.e. 1-800-375-5283.
How to Fill USCIS Forms?
USCIS forms must be filled with extreme caution and care as a slight mistake or misinformation can lead to rejection of the visa application. To fill USCIS forms you need to keep in mind the following tips:
- Follow the detailed instructions that come with USCIS immigration forms with total care. Some of the common guidelines and instructions state that:
- You should always use an updated version of the form as the USCIS updates their forms from time to time
- Provide complete information by answering all relevant questions in the blank spaces and checkboxes
- Use only black ink to type or print your information into the USCIS forms. Do not use any highlighter or background shade on the form
- Sign the form
- All relevant documents and evidence should be attached to the form, as requested
- Attach all foreign language documents with corresponding document translated into English language. The translated document should be certified by a recognized translator and he/she must verify the document in writing.
- Use same version/spelling of the name on all USCIS forms to avoid miscommunication and misinterpretation that can lead to rejection
- Fill your complete address while keeping in mind that the C/o (care of) line should only be filled with your name, building name or name of your organization. Do not start writing your street address in the care of line.
- Write your country of birth in the place of birth section
- Write Date of Birth in MM/DD/YYYY format in all the USCIS forms
- Do not send original passport or original copies of personal documents with USCIS forms. Create copies of all the documents on standard letter-sized white paper
- Use paper clips instead of stapler pins to attach personal documents to the USCIS form
- Create all money order or checks in favor of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. For Guam and U.S. Virgin Islands, do not create checks payable to the Homeland Security Department and instead write checks in favor of Treasurer, Guam or Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands, respectively.
- Create a check for the correct fee with your form, failing which the form will be rejected or delayed.
These tips will help you fill up the application form without any mistake ensuring zero chances of rejection due to an incomplete or wrongly-filled application form.
How to Register an Account on the USCIS website?
You can register yourself for an online account on USCIS website after you have successfully paid the immigrant fee. The online login account helps you track your case status, file an application, make payment, receive notifications and updates and update your mailing address easily.
- Click on File Online link in other services
- Click appropriate form number as per your application type
- Select create a new account in the right section
- Enter your email address and click sign up
- Check for confirmation mail in your mailbox and click the confirmation link to activate your account
- Create a password for your online account and on the next screen select your OTP receipt preferences
- Enter the one time password received as per your preferred medium
- Select password reset options and recovery questions
- Once you are through with all these steps, you will receive a confirmation that your account is successfully created
How to Take Appointment from the USCIS
Taking an appointment from the USCIS is easier after the introduction of InfoPass service. InfoPass enables an individual to schedule an appointment using the internet from the comforts of home. To make an appointment with an immigration officer, you can:
- Login to uscis.gov
- Click at the Make an Appointment Button
- Select your preferred language and location inside the USA or outside the country.
- If you are within the US, enter your local zip code on the next page or Select a country if you are outside the US.
- Check available appointment slots and type of service you require to schedule the appointment
- Enter your personal information including your name, contact number, etc.
After successfully scheduling the appointment with InfoPass, you will see your appointment notice on your screen that you can print and carry to the USCIS office. Reach the preferred office that you selected in your appointment application at the right time to meet the immigration officer and get answers to all your immigration queries.
With all this information you can easily proceed with your immigration requirements and speed up the immigration or visa process that involves interaction with USCIS. Just keep in mind that as USCIS is a government department, do not hide anything from them. If you feel something can harm your immigration prospects, talk to an immigration expert who can guide you regarding the further steps that will ensure minimal chances of your application rejection.
How To Check USCIS Case Status By Phone?
If your purpose is not solved call the Customer Service number 1-800-375-5283 for more details. Look for the option After You File at uscis.gov/tools. It will provide more details and type of services available to your file.
What Is The USCIS Receipt Number?
USCIS receipt/case number is to track the progress of identity of a particular immigration case/filing. It is one of the most commonly used numbers by immigrants and lawyers.
This number is an alphanumeric number. It starts with three letters followed by series of number say EAC-14-124-45389. Let’s go through the meaning of this number.
Meaning of first three Alphabets
The first three letters direct that which USCIS service center is processing the petition.
|Number||Name of the Service Center|
|EAC||Vermont Service Center|
|VSC||Vermont Service Center|
|WAC||California Service Center|
|CSC||California Service Center|
|LIN||Nebraska Service Center|
|NSC||Nebraska Service Center|
|SRC||Texas Service Center|
|TSC||Texas Service Center|
|MSC||National Benefits Center|
|NBC||National Benefits Center|
|YSC||Potomac Service Center|
Next Two Numbers Means
These digits denote the Fiscal year in which USCIS received the petition. As the number stated above 14 stands for the petition was received by USCIS in the financial year 2014.
Note: The financial year starts on the 1st of October and closes on 30th September.
The Meaning Of Next Three Number
These numbers stand for the Computer workday, it is the day on which the receipt was processed and the fee was taken.
As in the example 124th processing date of the fiscal year. The date of filling can be calculated starting date from 1st October if required.
Last Five Numbers Stands For
Finally, these numbers denote the unique identity of the petition filed. We observe that these are the number issued in the serial of cases are being processed.
Know about Checking H1B Petition Status
It is the most commonly asked question how to check the status of my H1B petition status how much time it exactly takes. Many people are worried about their status and even some people are waiting since last 4 months for the same. They receive no reply from USCIS or still, their case is in initial review status.
This question may seem trivial for the person who is in America, or it is not as small as the one who is in the other country.
There is a simple fact, which you must know that the visa filing system in America and the HIB petition must have been filed by their current Company, a consulting company or a large corporation.
Anyhow there is nothing wrong if you don’t know this. USCIS is a US Government Organization which accepts HIB petition for any fiscal year.
USCIS counts your application towards a cap that is allotted for the year. The cap is 20000 for advanced degree quota and 65000 for regular quota. Visit the USCIS site to check the status of your application online. all about the Check uscis case status topic.