Has your company recently decided to take the plunge, start up a specialized company blog and search for a monthly blog writing service? If so, you may have just discovered one of the most effective modern marketing tools out there. Keeping a corporate blog can be immensely beneficial for companies for a number of reasons, including developing themselves as an authoritative industry voice and working well with search engine algorithms to boost search engine optimization efforts. However, just having any blog alone is not enough to ensure success. If you really want your corporate blog to become a hit and attract reader interest for a long time, take a look at these four clever strategies that could help.
1. Make the Most of the Comments Section To Interact With Potential Customers
Business blogs aren’t just great for companies to advertise themselves and show off their expertise – they also provide a rare and unique opportunity for customer engagement. Engaging with your customers is a key piece of making them feel valued and listened to, and may incentivize them to choose your business over the competition. What this means in practical terms for your blog is that you should make the most of the comments section, responding to readers, answering common questions, and thanking them for their readership and continued interest.
2. Make Sure Your Content Is Unique and Relevant To Your Readers’ Interests
Of course, before you get started on your blog, it’s important to understand who your readers are and what sort of interests your audience has. This will help you to figure out what type of content you should be posting. Make sure everything you post is unique and relevant to what readers want to see!
3. Get on a Standard Posting Schedule and Establish Yourself as a Reliable Source
While the quality of the content you post is important, at the end of the day, an unpredictable and irregular posting schedule alone could potentially be enough to turn off some would-be readers. Instead of being wishy-washy and only occasionally posting, try establishing a schedule so readers will see you as a reliable source. Make sure to:
- Cite credible sources throughout your work
- Create a regular posting schedule, whether you prefer to post once a month, once a week or every day, so your readers know what to expect
- Write your posts in an authoritative and knowledgeable tone to establish your blog as a reliable expert source
4. Offer a Subscription Service and Promote Your Blog Through Different Channels
Simply posting new articles to your blog without marketing those articles in some way or form may lead to a consistently low readership with little chance at growth over time. In order to avoid this issue, it’s important that you promote your blog through different channels. Offering a subscription service so that readers are regularly reminded about your company and tempted to click on new articles, for instance, is a popular and effective strategy. Your company may want to:
- Allow readers to subscribe to your blog and receive email notifications, which also gives you the contact information you need to reach out with other news and offers should readers opt-in
- Advertise your blog on other popular blogs by guest-posting occasionally
- Promote the blog through different social media channels such as LinkedIn, Instagram, or Facebook
Starting, promoting, and circulating a corporate blog could have a range of benefits for your company, from allowing you to play up your current search engine optimization efforts to establishing you as a serious authority in your field and much more. However, if you want your blog to stick and have long-term success with interested consumers, it’s important to strategize from the beginning. By following these essential strategies, you can help position your corporate blog for success!