Choosing contemporary rugs for your home can sometimes seem a bit overwhelming given the wide variety of products on the market today, with a little foresight of your purchase, you can narrow things down a bit by having a clear idea of what you want.
The things to consider before making your purchase are fairly straightforward, but they will make your life easier if you consider them first.
Read more: 8 Tips to decor home in low budget
Making some plans to buy contemporary rugs
To start with, what size carpet do you need? What color of carpet do you need? Do you want the rug to be a bold feature or statement, or do you need a more neutral or muted rug? What practical restrictions are there? If you have kids and dogs, a dry clean, pure white rug may not be the way to go. Do you want to bet on artificial synthetic fibers, or do you want to invest in a carpet with a little more quality made of natural fibers? Are you interested in a traditional or contemporary rug or a hybrid mix of both? Taking all of these into account before you start shopping will give you a better idea of look for and make it easier to narrow down your searches.
If you are particularly fashion conscious, then you may want to take a closer look and then peruse a few contemporary rugs magazines – there are many, but magazine seems to be the most popular and is a fantastic resource for great ideas.
Carpet manufacturers have been combining traditional and contemporary designs for some time so that you no longer have to swap one for the other. It is now possible and desirable to get a rug that is contemporary in design but made with traditional methods with the added benefit of being ethical and sustainable.
Art of your home
Remember that a well-placed rug can really bring a touch of style and art to your home; it is these finishing touches that can change a space from a boring bedroom lacking character and definition into truly unique and beautiful contemporary rugs living space. Use your rug to bring tone to the room you need; if your room is bright and cluttered, use a neutral color to tone it down; if you’re looking for a modern and contemporary look, you can use your rug as a possibly themed feature with a feature wall or a vase or pot of similar color.
Online contemporary rugs stores
The internet is a good place to start; use a search engine to browse, compare prices, styles, and get an idea of what’s available. Try to down your searches by including details on the type of rug you are looking for; if you just search for “rugs,” you will get around 48,300,000 results to crawl, so if you know you specifically want a pink 100% wool rug search for that. When you spot something you like, don’t forget to bookmark the page so you can easily find it later.
Don’t rush into your choice; take a look and compare shipping prices (many websites offer free shipping). If you see any rug you like and need more information or want to see more photos, please email the seller and ask, try and choose a rug that is appropriate for the space you are going to place it in rather than just buying the thing you like.
Contemporary rugs make a difference in the atmosphere of your living room. They can be soft, subtle, and attractive in shades or surprisingly eye-catching. They are a statement of your style, but somehow many people manage to go terribly wrong with their choice of rugs. Rugs should add to your home setup, not take away from or distract the viewer. Trying to match your home interiors with furniture and carpet can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. In fact, shopping for rugs for your home can be a fun experience.
If you recently moved to a new apartment or renovated your old home in a modern, minimalist style, you should definitely go for contemporary rugs. Your latest fashion designs will add to the feel of your home. Traditional rugs, on the other hand, may have their own appeal, but they’ll stick out like a sore thumb in their new abode.
Things to remember before buying rugs for your home:
- Keep a large budget figure in your head and stick to it. Carpets vary greatly in cost, and that can confuse you.
- Allow enough time for selection; go through as many stores, catalogs, magazines as possible. Take the opinions of friends, family, but make your own decision.
- Buying contemporary rugs online has many advantages:
- You will find thousands of rugs with modern and avant-garde designs. Some of the famous designers in the business also store their products online.
- You don’t need to hire the services of interior designers or the help of an expert to get advice on your purchases. Since buying rugs can be expensive and is more like spending on a collectible, you must make an informed decision. You can get help from experts who work with online retailers for design suggestions. Alternatively, you can search for online galleries with hundreds of designer house combinations to give you an idea.
- Rugs can be expensive, especially if you buy them in stores. Some of them have high margin prices, and the costs can be exorbitant. You will find the same rugs much cheaper online.
Imagine going to a store and lugging heavy rugs. It can be quite cumbersome. Online retailers offer free delivery of contemporary rugs and save you the hassle.