2-Step Verification is one of the most important security features that Instagram has supported for sharing photos in the past. 2-step verification provides the user with an extra layer of protection for his or her account to prevent intruders from accessing it even if the password is known.
Before you turn on 2-Step Verification, you must verify that your phone number is entered correctly, or you can add it when prompted during activation, knowing that this phone number will be considered as the confirmed number for your account.
To enable 2-Step Verification on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile and click the gear tag (for iPhone users) or the three vertical dots (on Android).
- Scroll down and then click “Two-Factor Authentication”
- Security Code Option Required “Require Security Code”
- You will receive a security code on your smartphone
- Enter the security code in the space provided and press Next.
Once you have activated the feature, you will be asked to enter a security code that will receive you via SMS every time you sign in from an unknown device.
You can also get backup security codes if you can not receive SMS messages on your smartphone for one reason or another.
All you have to do is go to your Instagram file and then go to binary authentication and choose Get Backup Codes.